A unique approach to Construction Project Management
A unique approach to Construction Project Management
With knowledge and experience stretching back over 40 years there is little that the IQ team doesn’t know about the construction industry. We are passionate about our industry and provide a highly personal, professional service, which is dedicated to:
- Protecting clients from the many pitfalls that can be encountered when embarking on any property related project
- Safeguarding probably the biggest and most precious asset that you will own during your lifetime
At the heart of our multi-disciplined construction consultancy business are our Construction Project Management Services which provide a unique approach to clients who just need advice and guidance right through to a full support package. Here’s what we offer
The team also offers smart home technology and security consultancy as well as buildings management.
Based in Sevenoaks we are ideally placed to cover Kent, London and the South East. We work across both the residential and commercial sectors.
Talk to IQ first before you talk to anyone else and ensure you get your construction project off on the correct footing.
Our Successful Partnering Philosophy – assembling the team
Our values and beliefs are dedicated to developing successful partnerships with our clients and, just as importantly, our construction partners. As a contributor to the BSRIA recommendations on Partnering we always work on creating and building Partnerships between all project stakeholders – client, contractors, professional teams – all working together for the good of the project with all individuals learning to trust each other. The benefits are significant as well as numerous.
Meet the Team
Tony has dedicated himself to supporting and managing major refurbishment and new build projects in the role of Construction Project Manager since 1995.
His initial training in electrical engineering was with the London Electricity Board. On leaving LEB he set up and ran his own multi-discipline contracting business. This experience gave him a thorough understanding of the construction industry and he witnessed many clients encountering serious problems and pitfalls as their building projects were running onsite. He was inspired to start a consultancy business that would provide a reliable project management service to discerning home and property owners.
He is also MBA qualified in Business Administration which gives him the skills to administer the various and complex elements of construction projects.
Tony’s key strengths:
- Construction Industry specialist
- Experienced Construction Project Manager
- Qualified to deal with all aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering design
- Commercial, industrial and residential sector experience
- Managed projects include the refurbishment of large residential houses, luxury holiday homes, commercial banks & office complexes
- Planning, Contract Management, Budgeting, Cost control, Conflict Management, Leadership &Team Management
Connect with Tony on LinkedIn
After a lifetime in various London and South East based PA and office management roles, Julie joined Tony’s business in 2013. Having been friends for over 20 years they had developed a strong relationship built on mutual trust and understanding.
Julie’s key strengths:
- Creating systems and organising the administrative side of the business
- Running the ultimate mobile office – Julie drives between appointments while Tony calls or e-mails clients and contractors
- Taking minutes in shorthand at 140wpm at onsite or meetings with clients
- Client communication
- Being part of a team that delivers the final outstanding project to clients
Heading up the Security and Smart Home Technology operations, Toby has many years related experience in the management of property and security installations.
Toby’s key strengths:
- Working in the security industry since 1996 he has gathered a wealth of experience and knowledge
- Experience across multiple types of environment from Schools, Nursing homes, Apartment blocks, Residential and Commercial properties
- Additional experience in the Public Sector working with the Metropolitan Police Service installing security systems from stand-alone to fully integrated systems for Custody suites
- Strong planning and coordination skills so vital to achieving the highest possible standards
- Working with clients to design bespoke programmes and applications
Tim has been working in the business for over 20 years fulfilling various roles and responding to the changing needs of clients.
Tim’s key strengths:
- Knowledge of practically every aspect of a construction project
- Qualified Electrician
- Qualified Internal Auditor for Quality Assured Systems
- Hands on skills onsite
- Flexibility to work within any division of the Group and offer support as required
- Strong relationships with clients.
Zoe is the mainstay of the IQ Property Services Group Office ensuring that the back office works efficiently at all times. She joined the business in 2005 as Administration Assistant and now controls all Group Administration Services as well as having operational responsibility for the IQ Service & Maintenance division.
Zoe’s key strengths:
- Managing all the company’s systems, procedures and processes
- Dealing with suppliers, contractors and clients
- Liaising with all contractors that provide services to clients on site
- Ensuring that the right trades arrive on site to carry out works to pre-agreed schedules
- Speedy resolution of any problems
Bela joined the team in June 2017. She is an experienced PA and Executive PA working closely alongside Zoe supporting the administrative operations at the office for both IQ Service & Maintenance and IQ Consultants.
Bela’s key strengths:
- Keen grasp of procedures and contracts gained from working in lead contract report roles
- Skills to support the team across all operations
- 12 years Facilities Management experience